Summer 2017 has been the first summer we have not gone to the East Coast. It was a bummer for all of the family but we have some health concerns to contend with that did not allow my mom to travel or be left alone while Mitch and I traveled. So I worked at finding stuff to do closer to home. Mitch did a few camps and just returned from a Mission Trip with our church. But if you are like me, you are realizing the summer is almost over. You may want to plan some special things with your kids, before sending them back to school. This is a list of SEVEN SENSATION THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR KIDDOS-NOW! Most are FREE! I love FREE! Grab a couple of other single parents and get going…..it’s not too late to have a great summer.
- Free outdoor movies around the city! I am digging this list and we will be headed to a few of these. Free movies in the Houston area
- Eating Free in the Houston area is always appealing to me and my family and it is a great way to get out of the house.We have gotten to try loads of new places on their dime. Here is a list of places kids can eat free. Kids Eat Free
- The Children’s Museum of Houston is free on Thursday night from 5-8 pm. Make an evening of it and pack a picnic dinner and eat in the park and feed the ducks. Your kids will think you are the coolest! Children’s Museum Of Houston
- The Houston Zoo-one of our favorites spots! The Zoo offers free admission every Tuesday after 2 pm. Take the kids and enjoy the sights and sounds of the zoo, there are plenty of cool places to rest and there is a splash pad near the children’s petting zoo. Side note: the zoo allows food to be brought in-pack snacks and water or bring dinner! The Zoo
- Miller Outdoor Theater-has an evening and day schedule during the summer. What a great way to spend the afternoon! Bring lunch, blankets, water and plenty of large toys like Frisbee’s. hula hoops and kites. They are great items to have for kids to play with before and after the performance. We have spent loads of time at Miller Outdoor Theater. Miller Theatre
- Dolphin Tours in Galveston-we have done this for years and it is ALWAYS a HIT. Pack your suits, and lunch and your sunglasses and head on down to Galveston for a fun, pretty inexpensive day with the kids. After Dolphin watching enjoy the sun and sand. Dolphin Tours in Galveston
- Discovery Green-is such a treasure trove of excitement! There is so much to see and do—cruise the events calendar for all the free stuff still going on in August and make sure to take the kiddos to Circo Avenida, the Cir De Soliel acrobats will be on display. Ciroc Avenida